Last Updated: March 1, 2020
Who We Are
ProtectMyKidsIDsm website (this/the “Site”) is offered by Since 1996 LLC (“Since 1996,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). Since 1996 may own and operate additional websites in the future.
Purpose of this Policy | Applicability
This Policy contains important information about:
● how we use information relating to an identified or identifiable person (“Personal Data”);
● what type of Personal Data we collect;
● who we provide your Personal Data to; and
● your legal rights relating to your Personal Data.
Why We Collect Your Personal Data
When you register for ProtectMyKidsIDsm, we capture your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number and Internet Protocol (IP) address (your “Contact Information”). Your Contact Information is the only Personal Data that we store, and we never store any other Personal Data that you input for the service, including, without limitation, your credit or debit card information, your child’s name, social security name or date of birth or any of the government certificates and identifications you upload. Once your child’s file is locked with the credit bureaus, you may decide to take advantage of our storage service for the safekeeping of the PINs assigned by each of the credit bureaus to unlock your child’s credit files; and, in this event, we will store your child’s name and credit bureau PINs at your request.
Our goal is to provide you with all the information you need to protect your child’s credit. When you provide us with your contact information, it permits us to update you should we discover any information
We collect and use your Contact Information because it is necessary for the performance of our service obligations to you; the pursuit of our legitimate business interests (as described below in this Policy); or to comply with our legal obligations. In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to distributing general informational news and updates to our service offerings via push notifications and personal alerts via direct mail or email correspondence.
Your Right to Withdraw Consent to Our Use of Your Contact Information
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. If you revoke consent for a particular purpose for which you had previously provided consent, we will stop using your Contact Information for that purpose after consent is withdrawn.
How We Use Your Contact Information?
We use your Contact Information:
● to understand who is subscribing to our services;
● to provide you with general news, helpful information and announcements;
● to alert you in the event we detect activity we monitor through our service;
● to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
● to verify your identity;
● to better understand your needs so that we consider future service needs;
● for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
● to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
● where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
None of your Personal Data will be publicly viewable.
If you ask for help using our services, we (or a third-party supporting our electronic functionality) may access your Personal Data in order to understand the problem and find a solution.
What Information Do We Collect From You?
Personal Data You May Give Us, Includes:
● your name;
● your contact details, including email address;
● your password to register for our services;
● your communication preferences; and
● your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
While you must input additional Personal Data about you and your child, we do not collect and store that information. After you input that Personal Data and submit it for processing, the information is securely transmitted for printing and mailing without the requirement for storing your data or documents or that information being viewed or handled by anyone.
Information We Collect About You:
● information about your visit to our website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
● technical information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page you visited to link to our website, your browser type and settings, the date and time you access our website, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, device information (including device identifiers and estimated geographical location), language preferences and cookie data.
● A publicly available review of our website and services, if you choose to provide one.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy.
We may use a third-party service to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns on our website. We do this to find out things such as the number of people using our website and the popularity of content within the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website without registering for a service.
Storage and Processing
Personal Data collected from our website may be stored and processed in the United States, Europe or any other country.
Use by Children
Our website is not intended for children under the age of eighteen (18) and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data relating to children, except when you consent to our storage service as explained above.
Our Legitimate Interests in Collecting Your Personal Data
Our legitimate business interests in collecting your Contact Information includes:
● managing access our online services;